Guild DV52 driving me crazy
b***@gmail.com
2016-06-17 08:01:58 UTC
the more you hear guild's the more you will love them. Buy it bring it home be happy.
m***@gmail.com
2016-06-17 08:31:20 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
the more you hear guild's the more you will love them. Buy it bring it home be happy.
And another zombie thread rises from the grave.

(God! I feel nostalgic seeing that stuff was posted from Deja News!)
Donald Erickson
2016-07-09 19:25:35 UTC
Hi all and George,
Just happened to play a Guild DV52 today and was really surprised at
how good I thought it sounded. I have been playing (mostly
fingerpickin') small bodied guitars (Taylor 712, Martin 000-1, couple
of classicals) and frankly I was just about blown away. I don't mean
that it was just loud, but really rich, if that would be a good word.
So, is that just a property of dreadnaughts in general? The sucker felt
really big on my lap but it sure did sound nice. The strange thing is
I have never considered Guilds at all, always heard they were just
overbraced tanks, but right now I can't think about anything else!
Help me please. Any comments from you experienced folks would be
appreciated... help me.... help me.....
Ol' Don again in BA
I played one of those for quite some time. Bought it "new,old stock" from Mando Bros. Very warm - sort of like Guild was trying to build a D-35. Great rhythm guitar. It had a lot of damage from being stored in a non-humidified space, but because I was the first owner, Westerly basically rebuilt the guitar for me - no charge. Traded it and another guitar for a braz Larrivee D-09 and was later sorry I had done so. Enjoy yours!

Don in Simi
Bill
2016-07-10 02:54:56 UTC
Post by Donald Erickson
Hi all and George,
Just happened to play a Guild DV52 today and was really surprised at
how good I thought it sounded. I have been playing (mostly
fingerpickin') small bodied guitars (Taylor 712, Martin 000-1, couple
of classicals) and frankly I was just about blown away. I don't mean
that it was just loud, but really rich, if that would be a good word.
So, is that just a property of dreadnaughts in general?
There are so many variables (type of wood, size and thickness of body,
etc.) that it is unfair to generalize here. You don't have to like all
dreadnaughts, but if you find one you like....
Don in Simi
r***@charter.net
2020-06-08 01:55:42 UTC
I’ve had my DV52 since 1999; it’s a 95 sunburst DV52,and I paid $900 for it. I still haven’t seen another sunburst DV52. It’s a great instrument and competes well with top of the line Martins for a third of the price. Scalloped bracing makes it very responsive. I’ve actually bought an HD28 Martin a few years (10) ago and sold a few years later since mine (DV52) simply was better.