rechargeables?
Ty Ford
2006-07-23 15:30:38 UTC
Hey,

One of my two old Eco-Charge B-50, 6 VDC lead acid rechargeable batteries is
going away.

I got them years ago to power a still functioning Panasonic SV-255 DAT
machine. Now I run my SD 442 with it when I'm not running down the hall. The
battery is a bit clunky. Normally I just put it under the 442 or hang it from
my Porta-Brace belt.

I still need 6V DC for the DAT, should I ever use it again, but would like a
lighter battery that is as easy to use and recharge as the Eco-Charge. You
plug it in and forget it. It tops off and waits for me to take it off the
charger.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Noah Timan
2006-07-23 17:23:36 UTC
Hey Ty,

I'm guessing that if you want 6VDC you're using the Tascam DAP1. If
that's the case, my solution to this was to build a power cable with an
inline 6V regulator. (7505 if you want to build it from scratch, or a
radio shack cigarette-lighter version and cut the ends off on either
side if you can't be bothered). I believe Trew Audio was able to sell
me the connector for the Tascam and I just put a 4 pin on the other
end. This allowed me to run the machine off regular NP1s, which are
much easier to bag and carry, and just as easy to charge.

Regards,

Noah Timan
stuff are at www.tyford.com
hank alrich
2006-07-28 01:48:55 UTC
Post by Ty Ford
One of my two old Eco-Charge B-50, 6 VDC lead acid rechargeable batteries is
going away.
I got them years ago to power a still functioning Panasonic SV-255 DAT
machine. Now I run my SD 442 with it when I'm not running down the hall. The
battery is a bit clunky. Normally I just put it under the 442 or hang it from
my Porta-Brace belt.
I still need 6V DC for the DAT, should I ever use it again, but would like a
lighter battery that is as easy to use and recharge as the Eco-Charge. You
plug it in and forget it. It tops off and waits for me to take it off the
charger.
Any thoughts?
Have you looked at

www.batterybob.com