HISTORY OF TACOMA GUITARS
g***@gmail.com
2018-07-14 20:50:54 UTC
Was the Tacoma Cheif manufactured in 1998 using a Cedar top and the BOA top? I have a 1998 model and the top looks extremely dark for cedar.
l***@cox.net
2019-11-30 12:10:48 UTC
Hi All - Would someone kindly tell me the history
of the Tacoma C3C. Was it manufactured under Fender’s ownership ? I just purchased one online and I’m waiting for the serial # to be sent to me.
It has some minor lacquer problems on the side that my local luthier in New Orleans can possibly correct. Otherwise it looks to be in really good condition. Thanks much !
Luzine
h***@ccanoemail.ca
2019-11-30 12:44:55 UTC
Hi All - Would someone kindly tell me the history of the Tacoma C3C.
Was it manufactured under Fender’s ownership ?
I just purchased one online and I’m waiting for the serial # to be sent to me.
It has some minor lacquer problems on the side that my local luthier
in New Orleans can possibly correct.
Otherwise it looks to be in really good condition. Thanks much !
Luzine
.. here's my 30 second google search :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Guitars

https://web.archive.org/web/20090201025849/http://tacomaguitars.com/resources/dating.php

http://www.greenroadfarm.com/tacoma-guitar-factory-tour/

John T.
l***@cox.net
2019-12-01 00:18:59 UTC
Thanks much John T - Big help with those sites. Now I’m researching how to repair the minor lacquer repair. Can’t wait to speak with my luthier bright and early Monday morning !
Much obliged,
Luzine